Friday 21 November 2014

THE IMPURE SOUL IN PURE GANGA-


The river as it flows, blobs and bubbles, pushes forth and back an arena of emotions,time, materialistic beliefs and sounds of life. On a larger scale it is a sea of drifting waters. To me earliar it was just a river, but now as I sit there pondering upon the time, I have dealt with this faith taker, I see deep within. I realised it is not just the water that moves with it has moved the belief, the faith of the people, the sustenance it provides to the people of Kashi, and to those who have been believing in it is what makes this river holy.
It is a teacher in itself, I look within and it reflects my own self, shows me the selflessness. All these years it has been a provider and shall continue to be one. The image of you in it, is blur and sometimes still, but gives you the essence of life as you see yourself in it. A complete absorber and a reflector at the same time. I see the sun shine bright on it, Ganga ji reflects back and absorbs to give you the dark silhouette, and yet is transparent. A mirror to myself, to analyse or understand oneself you require a mirror and it is that one being that breathes with you, moves and never stops flowing.



A dip in the holy water, a belief that has overpowered man, and has been the legacy for ages. On the outside it rises, and just flows with waves that crash at the ghats, but within this voluptuous vastness it provides you calmness and freedom from your sins. It is an untangible vision, transparent yet only felt within.
I would have never learnt the metaphorical meaning of this river, it reflects upon me. The very first day when I was so troubled and distressed by the fact that the water is dirty and polluted and how people could drink it and not notice its deteriorating cries. But as a part of kashi, I now know that people will still perform the rituals, still destroy the river but the river shall flow on….
Throughout the journey of these amazing ten days spent in kashi,  talking to few people about our mother Ganga, different views, different  beliefs aroused and I was amazed to get the reactions varying. Rahul Sahani, a seventeen year old boy who lives at the ghats and goes to the little star English medium school, although in his eight grade he has a vision that one expects from the youth. He was the only one person who was openly true about his city, the pollution of ganga, the thugs in the city, loot with the foreigners. Innocent but true and showed such concern that I could see hope rising in the city towards saving the grace of the Ganga.

“CHILDREN CAN’T DECIDE WHAT TO DO, BUT FAMILY DECIDES WHAT TO DO. PURA DHANDHA HAI..KALYUG HAI YEH KALYUG”




He inspired me to believe that questioning is not going to help, realisng it yourself and putting yourself at blame is the best way to find a solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment